Sunday, July 18, 2010

Viva La Revolucion



I've been a bad blogger (slaps self on mouse).  Within the past 2 months we bought a house, moved into said house took a canoe camping trip and generally had first homebuyer meltdown.  But...just saw some eye candy I had to share.

We went down to San Diego (for a total of 22 hours) to see an art opening called Viva La Revolucion a dialogue with the Urban landscape.  Husband is publishing the book that documents the work so we did had an invite.  It was curated by Pedro Alonzo and I must say he did a fine job.  Many of the artists did works in the city outside of the gallery.

Above is my favorite work.  I'm not sure if I was supposed to photo or not (Guard was unsure but hell it is supposed to be street art so I went guerilla thus bad photo).  It was a guitar made out of a man.  His toes held the top frets of the strings.

Also Sheppard Fairey  (of Obama poster fame) was there and even took over some DJ time from the main DJ.  Gotta say that boy must be my age cause he was pulling out Blondie riffs and such.  Here is a piece that popped up outside the museum after we had entered the show, and by the look I can only say it was a Sheppard.
Piece



So if you are anywhere near San Diego check out the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego (vs their La Jolla campus)

Enjoy the eye candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment