Monday, February 20, 2012

February Garden

I've decided to tempt all you folks in colder climes with a few sneak peeks at what is going on in the garden.  We've been starting veggies under the cold frame and have actually harvested some lettuce.  Unfortunately, snails or slugs have been eating some of the new shoots but I over planted so it looks like some will make it.

There are also a number of things blooming.


Our beautiful Magnolia tree is in full bloom.  It has such a delicious odor and keeps blooming for near 3 weeks.  The creamy flowers against the dark green foliage is dreamy.


Our potted Aeonium is just about to pop.  The flowers on these succulents are just so unique.


This grows like a weed here.  It has wandered in through a neighbors yard.  I believe it is crocosmia, but I wouldn't swear to it since I never planted it.  The hummingbirds LOVE this so I let it be.


We've got a couple of these Echeveria planted in pots.  They are just starting to go into full glory.


And finally the Nicotiana I planted last year has overwintered and really never stopped blooming.  I keep meaning to pull this up but just when I'm about to hack it down I'll spy a luscious deep red bloom.



1 comment:

  1. Love the smell of magnolia blossoms! Your garden looks great, we're still waiting a few more weeks up here before we start digging in.

    ReplyDelete