Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ernesto Neto Sculpture





We just got back from a museum crawl in San Francisco. I was dual purposing. I wanted to see if any of the museum shops might be a good fit for my felted items.

We checked out the Museum of Craft and Folk Art. They had a show called Open Source Embroidery.

It was an interesting idea the intersection of coding and data and craft. Unfortunately, I was a little underwhelmed. It seemed like a show that was curated for a different context.

We then proceeded to Yerba Buena Center for the Arts and saw a fabulous show called. When lives become form Brazilian Art from the 60's to present. Interestingly enough it had been curated by (I think) the Museum of contemporary Art Tokyo. Apparently there is a very large population of Japanese who migrated to Brazil.

My favorite of the day was a huge (almost obscene) soft sculpture by Ernesto Neto Shown above.

No comments:

Post a Comment