Saturday, August 6, 2011

Beautiful Furniture




I have always wanted to make furniture.  I’m especially taken by furniture that takes it to the next level turning everyday useful items into works of art.  It’s what I try to do with my fiber creations.  As I have little to no woodworking ability I am forced to admire rather than create.

Here’s a secret you may not know.  Etsy (yes Etsy) is not just a place to find hipster t-shirts and fabulous earrings but a home to some absolutely fantastic furniture.  I thought I’d share a few of my favorites.


Check out this amazing rocking bed by Joe Manus of ShinerInternational.  If babies get rocked to sleep in cradles why not an adult version.


 This highback chair from Mateo Panzica of Lazarus Handplane screams steampunk to me. Although containing all kinds of industrial elements it is softened by the padded leather back.

 

This is an amazingly clever and green idea by Ruffhouse Arts.  These couches are made from old bathtubs.


This solid cherry credenza by Object Society reminds me of televisions from the 50's.



I am entranced by the lines on this endtable by Reed Handsuld.  It's kind of minimalist yet swirly all at the same time.

3 comments:

  1. I saw most of these before through my own searching on Etsy, but that first one--omg! I would love a bed like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contemporary Radiator Covers
    This is an surprisingly brilliant and excellent idea.I have always wanted to make furniture

    ReplyDelete