Thursday, April 29, 2010

Try something new


Since wool season is almost over I thought I'd try something new. I've always wanted to try origami so today I took a stab.

I went online and found all these technical diagrams, with terms like valley folds and mountain folds. I have to admit I was intimidated. I am slightly dyslexic so things like diagrams pose a unique challenge for me. I cannot use a chart to knit and have resorted to retyping entire charts into words. My husband jokes that I'd make a great computer programmer because I spend so much time recoding.

So after a few failed and frustrating attempts I found this video showing how to make a star box. I tried it out with some cardstock and it came out pretty well I think.

I've been having a bit of a creative block and this just got the creative juices flowing. So when you are stuck creatively, try something new new craft new medium new color whatever. Kind of obvious I know, but it works.

3 comments:

  1. I love this box, look forward to seeing this in your shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love origami. I have tried it before. It always takes me a few tries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job fiber! origami can be addicting once you have the pattern down in your head....

    ReplyDelete