Friday, November 6, 2009

Grocery Store Embarrassment


We had a skunk that began prowling our yard. This of course led to some unhappy interactions with my dog. After the second time in a month he had been sprayed I asked our neighbor who is a dog groomer what she recommends. She sort of chuckled and gave me the name of a particular brand of feminine douche.

Well about a week later I (stupidly) opened the door for the dog in the middle of the night. And pow!! Right outside the door was a skunk who sprayed not only the dog but got me as well.

After coughing and crying and washing my face (and of course locking the dog outside) I figured no time like the present to try out the new supercure. So off I went to the all night Safeway.

I wasn't sure how much I needed so I figured I'd get about 8 boxes. So as I am unloading my 8 (yes 8) boxes of douche at 3 a.m still smelling awful I look up at the checkers face. She was horrified. I started laughing so hard I almost couldn't explain what the douche was for. I can just imagine what kind of horrible medical problem she thought I was having.

In any case, I have since learned that it is the baking soda and vinegar in the douche that is key. So no more awkward moments at the grocery store.

2 comments:

  1. ROTFLOL! You poor dear. They say that bathing in tomato juice works, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to say this, because I feel so bad for you, but that was funny! Hugs to you and your dog....and maybe even the scared skunk!

    ReplyDelete