Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekend of Food Food Food




We had houseguests this weekend. My good friend Jenn (we went to law school together) and our friend Ruth who flew in from Germany. They arrived safely and soon a feeding frenzy ensued.

They had both been away from the Bay Area for awhile, so they were dying for a number of local things. On Friday, they barted into the city to have Pho. For those of you who do not know Pho, it is vietnamese noodle soup. Friday night I made spaghetti and meatballs from the tomatoes in the garden. Saturday Latin food was in order. We absolutely pigged out at a El Salvadorian restaurant in Richmond.

After that we were stuffed, but Jenn wanted to get some Japanese spices that she can't get up in Arcata, so we rolled into Ranch 99, which is an Asian Grocery the size of Walmart. Jenn and I somehow convinced each other we needed lobster, which is funny because neither my husband nor Ruth would eat it. So late that night, I cooked and cleaned (yes I'm from Boston) a Lobstah for Jenn and I.

Saturday, I sent Jenn and Ruth off to Thai Temple for breakfast. It's a Buddist temple that raises money by serving food on Sun. Meanwhile I cooked up a Ragout of Beef for dinner. We had another law school buddy over and made a party of it.

Well they just left this morning and I think I need to go on a diet. But it did make me appreciate the wonderful food I have locally.

No comments:

Post a Comment